Monday, May 20, 2013

My favorite notion

Everyone has their favorites... favorite food, favorite places, favorite people, and of course, their favorite hobby!

One of my favorite hobbies is sewing and quilting (of course).  My wonderful mother-in-law (that most of you know as Karen, the owner of Home a la mode) began my love of quilting.  When I met my husband, she owned a quilt shop in East Texas.  When we would visit them on the weekends, I would go hang out with her in the shop.  She gave me some fabric, a sewing machine, and a little direction - and I learned how to quilt.  She took me through all the steps, including the worst part (in my opinion), pinning your quilt together.  I learned after trying to take short cuts, that you really do need to take your time and use as many pins as possible.  Then one day, I heard about this wonderful product called Basting Spray.  And my life was forever changed!!!  Ok, not that dramatically, but at least the part of life that included pinning quilts :)

Now, I no longer dread that step in quilting.  It now takes me less than 30 minutes to baste my quilt together!!!  Can you believe it!!!  I shared my excitement with Karen, thinking I had discovered this wonderful NEW magic spray :)  She informed me that she already knew about this - how could she have been holding out on me for over 10 years!!!  To which she responded, "well, you needed to know the proper way to do it".  Aaggghhh, I felt like screaming ;)

This week is your chance to try my favorite notion at 10% off.  Now through Thursday, May 23rd, ALL our notions are 10% OFF.

So, tell me, what's your favorite notion?

1 comment:

  1. My personal favorite is "Crystal Press by Lee". I like the "presser" the best!!! Most people are crazy about the "turner"... He has both. They are both helpful and very needed in quilting and in regular sewing of garments and crafts. But... I still fancy the "press". It beats them all! It doesn't roll away and it flattens those seams without an iron. Sometimes you just need that seam to lay a little flatter as you sew. Thanks for this tool Lee... It is great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails