Monday, November 19, 2012

A State of Mind...

Hello to you all!  Can you believe that Thanksgiving is on Thursday?  I can't.  This year has absolutely flown by.  One thing I am super excited about...our daughter is going to be home from college tomorrow!  Woohoo!  I can't wait to see her.  We have a couple of projects lined up for when she gets home.  One of the ones I can't get out of my mind is making some things out of our State Towels and Tablecloths.  I have said previously that I want to make a set of pillows for our couch that have meaning to our family.  Here are the ones that I want to use...
We live in Oklahoma.  

We took the kids to Colorado for Christmas one year for a 3 day vacation.  Those 3 days turned in to a whole week due to 2 blizzards coming in at the same time we were there.

I am from TEXAS...enough said!...LOL

I also want to try whipping up some quilts using some of the State Tablecloths.  When we were in Houston for the Quilt Festival, I heard the idea of making quilts out of tablecloths.  Well, I don't know about you, but I thought this was brilliant.  Here are the ones that I have in mind for whipping up as quilts...
*Mom and Dad, stop reading this post right now...what follows is a Christmas spoiler!
My Dad is from Florida.  I can see a lot of quilting to make this little beauty pop as a quilt top.

My Mom is from Washington.  Again, the quilting you choose to do with this would just enhance this.

I am not sure how you may view all of our State tablecloths and towels.  Each one I see brings up memories for me.  What I would like to know is how would you use them?  Do they conger up memories for you or do you see really cool towels to represent your states?  How would you use these in your home?  I would love to hear your ideas or maybe suggestions for tutorials you might like to see.

Head over to our website and check out all of our State items.  Let me know which would be the first one you would purchase.  Remember, when you check out use my Discount Code.  

Have a FANTASTIC day, and a BLESSED Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails