Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hello from Kristin!


Hey there!  Jill asked me to let you all know how I came to Home a la mode.

A friend of mine had picked up a Home a la mode catalog and had said I might be interested in looking at it. She knew that I sewed a little here and there and thought I would like the products offered. After scanning through the pages and falling in love with everything, I decided to send an email to Karen asking if they would ever be interested in someone sewing for them. After two hours of biting my nails and thinking I was stupid for even asking, I received a message from Karen to send her some pictures (Insert little squeal). .  So, I sent her a few pics...again more nail biting. I was thinking there is no way I can wait another 2 hours to hear from her. About 10 minutes later my phone rang. It was KAREN! She wanted to meet me! Wow wow wow! This is where a grown woman turns into a little girl and starts running around and screaming . I was shaking driving the whole way to her office. Let me tell ya, as soon as I saw her I knew we were going to be friends. Our initial meeting lasted 2 hours.

Long story short....that was almost 8 moths ago. I have honestly never been more excited to be part of a team. Everyone of the women involved are amazing! I am smiling so big right now writing this and thinking of where we have come and where we are going.
 
Now i would like to show you my "office".



It's not glamorous, but it allows me to be home with my beautiful angel who's two and a half.


Now an introduction to my creative process. Karen likes to give me things and say make what you can.
For example, last week she handed me these adorable towels:


 
You can purchase these on our website and by clicking here.
 
So I came up with these adult bibs!




These will be available www.homealamode.com soon.

I look forward to more projects, tutorials, and patterns coming very soon. I hope your year has started off with a bang!

Let's go sew!
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails